I LOVE Banana Bread, and it wasn’t long ago I developed my recipe for THE BEST Banana Bread– and trust me it is!
This recipe is adapted from that recipe but with a chocolate twist.
Chocolate Banana Bread. Where have you been all my life?!
This bread is moist, delicious and chocolatey… a perfect snack, breakfast or treat :)
Next time you want to make banana bread, give this spin a try! I am sure you will LOVE it just as much as me!
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and oil until well beaten together.
- Add in mashed bananas, both sugars and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and mix in nicely, do not over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees F for about an hour. Check at an hour by doing the toothpick test. Bake longer as needed until cooked through.