This Hollandaise Sauce is a great recipe to have on hand. This sauce is SO easy to make and compliments so many recipes. It is tangy and adds a fun and delicious flavor.
Hollandaise Sauce is one of my favorite things to top my savory breakfasts with. It goes perfectly with egg, sausage, ham, cheese… and the list can go on and on.
I love the tangy flavor it adds to each bite! It truly can take an ordinary dish, and make it extraordinary.
You will be BLOWN away by how easy this is to make! It is shocking how fast it whips up! This is definitely a recipe every person should have on hand! It is fabulous!
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup softened butter, divided into ½ cup measurements
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and lemon juice and whisk vigorously until the mixture becomes thick and pale yellow in color.
- In medium sauce pan on low heat, melt ½ cup butter.
- Slowly add and temper egg yolk/lemon juice mixture and cook on low heat until thickened slightly, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in the rest of the butter.
- Take off heat and salt to taste.
- Serve how desired.