This HERSHEY’S KISSES S’more Bark could not be easier to make! This recipe is so delicious and perfect for a quick snack. It tastes just like the beloved s’more; only it is made in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Today I am partnering with The Hershey Company to bring you a quick, easy and tasty recipe. S’mores are one of my family’s favorite summertime treats. Living in a state where we get all four seasons, we don’t get to get outside to have s’mores the traditional way over a campfire all year round. Temperatures drop and it gets darker quicker than it used to. I am always trying to find new ways to reinvent the s’more so we don’t have to go without it three fourths of the year.
Today’s recipe is special to me because it is one my kids love to help me make when they get home from school.
After-school-snacks were always part of my childhood school years. Without fail, my mom had a snack or treat waiting for me when I walked in the door every single day. Sitting down and eating one of my favorite foods always opened the doors for easy discussion and communication. In fact, I attribute after-school-snacks as one of the biggest reasons my mom was and is my best friend and also one of the reasons I felt like I could tell her anything. It was the time of day where I was most open and when she really got to know and understand the details of my life. She made me feel like it was an important part of her day because of the time and energy she spent getting a treat ready for me. The memories of my school day were fresh on my mind. If I didn’t open up right then, it was less likely I would be to open up later in the day because either the memories would fade or I would get distracted with other activities. I remember thinking as a young child that I wanted to have that same after school experience with each of my own kids.
One of the first things they ask when they get home from school is what their after school snack of the day is. It makes me so happy to know they look forward to this time of day just as much as I do.
This HERSHEY’S KISSES S’more Bark is such an easy and delicious recipe and a great alternative to getting outside in the colder months.
What I love most about this recipe is that it is simple enough that my kids can get involved and help. We made this together as an after school treat. It received rave reviews from everyone who tried it.
To begin, simply place the graham crackers into a rectangular shape on a cookie sheet.
Next melt the chocolate chips and pour over the top of graham crackers. Spread carefully so that the graham crackers don’t move all over the place.
After the chocolate, sprinkle on the marshmallows and crushed graham crackers.
Then you are going to plop the cookie sheet under the broiler for JUST A FEW SECONDS. I leave my oven door open and sit and watch it intently because the marshmallows toast quickly and you don’t want them to catch fire. The second they start turning golden take out the cookie sheet. If you have a kitchen torch you are welcome to use that instead.
Turn off the broiler and quickly place the HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates over the top so they can stick down. Allow the bark to harden up before attempting to cut it. I put mine in the freezer for a few minutes to expedite the process if we are in a big hurry to eat them.
These were such a hit with my kids! If you are looking for that perfect treat that can be thrown together in just a matter of minutes, give this recipe a try! It tastes just like a traditional s’more, but you never have to leave home to enjoy it. This HERSHEY’S KISSES S’more Bark would also make a fabulous gift to friends or family.
- 14 graham crackers, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) bag HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 30 HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates, unwrapped
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Arrange 10 of the graham crackers into a rectangular shape on cookie sheet.
- Crush up remaining 4 graham crackers into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening and heat in 15-second increments, stirring between each increment until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour over the top of graham crackers and carefully spread to cover.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows evenly over the top of chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers evenly over the top.
- Place cookie sheet under the broiler for JUST A FEW SECONDS. I leave my oven door open and sit and watch it intently because the marshmallows toast quickly and you don’t want them to catch fire. The second they start turning golden in color, take out the cookie sheet. If you have a kitchen torch you are welcome to use that instead.
- Quickly place HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates over the top pressing gently down into the marshmallows and chocolate so they stick.
- Allow the bark to harden up before attempting to cut it. I put mine in the freezer for a few minutes to expedite the process if we are in a big hurry to eat them.
- Once chocolate has hardened, cut or break into pieces.
This post was sponsored by The HERSHEY Company. Thank you so much for supporting our sponsors. All opinions expressed are my own.