Gingerbread and Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Gingerbread and Cream Cookie Sandwiches… a delicious chewy gingerbread cookie with a wonderful creamy frosting. The flavor combination is perfection. They make a wonderful holiday treat!
I love the holiday season! I am just loving the warmer-cooler weather we have been having lately. The subtle chill in the air is crisp and feels fantastic.
With the cooler temperatures, I do a lot of baking at my house. I love the wonderful spice smells that fill my kitchen.
These Gingerbread and Cream Cookie Sandwiches are such a delightful treat! I love the softness and chewiness of the cookies paired with a creamy frosting center.
These cookies are a must try this holiday season! They truly are a fantastic treat! And if you are looking g for similarly flavored desserts, give these Gingersnaps or this Gingersnap Spice Cake a try!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup molasses
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, molasses and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and beat again.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately in 3 parts mixing ever so lightly between each addition.
- Using a tablespoon drop dough onto lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Cool on racks.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar and heavy cream. Beat until smooth.
- Frost the bottom half of one of the cooled cookies and then place another cookie, bottom-side on frosting, as the other half on to make a sandwhich cookie.
- Repeat for all remaining cookies.
Leave a Comment