This Creamy Yellow Squash Casserole is such a wonderful side dish loaded with flavor. It goes wonderfully with almost any meal.
I am ALWAYS trying to come up with new side dishes, specifically vegetable side dishes. Squash happens to be one of my favorite vegetables and I am so excited to share this recipe with you.
This Creamy Yellow Squash Casserole is just as it sounds. It is beyond creamy and loaded with tender cooked squash. It also contains cheese and Ritz crackers for added flavor and deliciousness.
If you are looking for a new side dish, give this one a try! It is sure to be a hit!
- 3 cups water
- 1¼ cups chopped onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 10 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softend
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups crushed Ritz crackers, divided
- Spray a 2½ quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauce pan, boil about 3 cups water, chicken broth, and the onions. Add the squash and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat and simmer for about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and egg. Mix well.
- Gently stir in the squash.
- Layer ½ of the squash mixture into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle ½ of the cheddar cheese over the squash.
- Next, sprinkle ½ of the Ritz crackers evenly over the cheese.
- Next, spread the rest of the squash mixture over the crackers.
- Top with the remaining crackers and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted.