Creamy Yellow Squash Casserole
This Creamy Yellow Squash Casserole is such a wonderful side dish loaded with flavor. It goes wonderfully with almost any meal.
I am ALWAYS trying to come up with new side dishes, specifically vegetable side dishes. Squash happens to be one of my favorite vegetables and I am so excited to share this recipe with you.
This Creamy Yellow Squash Casserole is just as it sounds. It is beyond creamy and loaded with tender cooked squash. It also contains cheese and Ritz crackers for added flavor and deliciousness.
If you are looking for a new side dish, give this one a try! It is sure to be a hit!
- 3 cups water
- 1¼ cups chopped onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 10 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softend
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups crushed Ritz crackers, divided
- Spray a 2½ quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauce pan, boil about 3 cups water, chicken broth, and the onions. Add the squash and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat and simmer for about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and egg. Mix well.
- Gently stir in the squash.
- Layer ½ of the squash mixture into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle ½ of the cheddar cheese over the squash.
- Next, sprinkle ½ of the Ritz crackers evenly over the cheese.
- Next, spread the rest of the squash mixture over the crackers.
- Top with the remaining crackers and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Vivian | stayaliveandcooking
That looks totally delicious! I could definitely imagine this being the perfect side dish on a cold night... Love how creamy it is, can't wait to give it a try!
Divine, this looks divine! What a perfect casserole for the holidays too!
Dear, this is perfect side dish for the perfect season ! Thank you!
Suzanne from Dublin, GA
Wow, this looks delicious ! I think I will try it for Thanksgiving and outdo my sisters rendition. haha. I was also thinking...(dangerous, ya know) how would it taste if you put tiny sausage pieces in it? I love to doctor up recipes so I think, if you don't mind, I will try that AND your recipe too. I'm new here but your recipes so gooood!
Have a wonderful day.
Suzanne, Dublin, GA
How many servings for this recipe? Thanks!
Grandkids love this never have any left over.Can this be cooked in a electric casserole cooker?
Have you tried to make ahead of time and frozen for using later? Sounds really good!
I made it and it was so good.
Can you use Saltines in place of the Ritz?
Just made this and my kids actually asked for seconds! Very tasty and easy to make. This is definitely my new recipe for squash casserole!
This recipe serves how many??
Hi Nikki! My late wife made a squash casserole and I loved it!! BTW, I hate squash! Anyway, I was searching Pinterest for a recipe and found yours and it looks like it may be the one! It will probably be a while before I make it, but when I do, I will definitely come back and let you know how it turned out! Happy and Prosperous New Year!
I made this for a dinner party and it was the dish of the night! Everyone loved it, even those who said they don't like squash. I'm on keto and subbed the Ritz with crushed pork rinds. This will be on our weekly menu!
I have a garden every summer so have lots of squash. This is by far the best squash casserole I've ever made.
This is a wonderful recipe! Putting it in my scrapbook recipies! I'll definitely make this again!
Can i use a 13x9 pan
The dish is great! May I suggest that you move the cheddar cheese to just above the Ritz crackers in the list of ingredients. More in the order that each is used. Please keep up the great work and thank you for the recipes.
Made this tonight minus the ritz crackers & sour cream and it was a dream! Love this so so much!
I tried this tonight because I’m eating only veggies for a week, and it was delicious. I’ve added to my side dish recipe book.
Leave a Comment