Greek food is one of my favorites. The fresh veggies, olive oil and feta provide such a refreshing flavor.
After making the Stuffed Jalapeño Stuffed Burgers with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, I knew I needed another stuffed burger recipe asap. I mean, have you tried a stuffed burger yet?! It takes burgers to a whole different level.
These Greek Stuffed burgers are stuffed with cream cheese, feta and Kalamata olives. Topped with additional feta cheese, fresh veggies and tzatziki sauce, this burger will knock your socks off. It is basically a greek salad turned burger. It is perfect for grilling season and changing up your traditional burgers. And trust me, once you try a stuffed burger, there is no going back! Okay, I still love a good In-n-Out burger, but even then I would still choose a stuffed burger if the two were sitting in front of me :)
- 2.5 lbs ground beef
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 1½ cup plain yogurt or sour cream (I actually prefer the flavor of the sour cream)
- ¼ cup finely grated cucumber, squeeze off juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons white vinegar
- extra feta
- thinly sliced cucumbers
- sliced red onions
- combine all ingredients and stir.
- Refrigerate until ready for use.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, kalamata olives and crumbled feta for filling and set aside.
- Divide ground beef into 8 to 9 patties. Divide each patty in half and flatten each side with the palm of your hand. Place stuffing mixture onto the center of one patty, making sure to leave a space on the edge to seal later. Put the other half of patty over the top and seal very tightly. Do the same for each patty.
- Place patties on the grill and grill each side for 5 minutes on med/ high heat until cooked through.
- Grill bun slightly and serve with extra feta, tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion.