Fried Chicken and Gravy
This Fried Chicken and Gravy is so simple and truly a spectacular dish! The chicken has a pan-fried batter that crisps and browns up beautifully and is then baked to tender perfection. The gravy is flavorful and the perfect compliment to the chicken.
Christmas is ONE WEEK from today and I am bursting at the seams with excitement! However, between several family and friend parties and busy season in work, I am overwhelmed when it comes to figuring out dinner. Sometimes keeping flavors simple at meal time is just the ticket to keeping my sanity. Today’s recipe is comfort food at its finest!
I love a good chicken and gravy and this one is a family favorite! The chicken is marinated overnight. It is pan fried then baked. The batter covered chicken is seasoned to perfection. As if the chicken wasn’t delicious enough, it is then smothered in a fantastic simple gravy.
If you need a delicious new dinner idea that the whole family will love, then give this a try! It is outstanding!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cup milk
- 2 chicken bouillon, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In small mixing bowl, combine eggs and minced garlic. Pour egg mixture into a zip lock baggie and add chicken. Seal bag and coat well. Marinate chicken for at least 3 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, garlic salt and onion powder. Mix well.
- Remove chicken from baggie and dredge in the flour mixture.
- Heat large skillet on med high and add the olive oil.
- Place coated chicken in skillet and brown on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and place chicken in dish. Cover chick with foil and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken. Cook until the pink is gone from the middle.
- While the chicken is baking, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ½ cup flour. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk and stir quickly using a flat wire whisk until smooth. Add the crushed chicken bouillon and salt. Stir until gravy comes to a soft boil and thickens.
- Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try my
Thank you for the idea ! Happy holidays !
oh my! I am loving your recipes. they seem so easy and good to look at too. I will be trying this one too.
Leave a Comment