As you know, I have been working hard this month to supply some delicious, healthy and/or yummy twists to some classic meals and recipes.
It seems whenever I throw together something on a whim, I always grab and pull out the Mexican-Meal-Themed ingredients from the shelf and fridge. They are my go to ingredients that are approved by my entire family. Thats when I thought to myself, why not put a spin on a classic recipe and add my favorite ingredients to it?!
These Enchilada Stuffed Bell Peppers are AMAZING!
It is an easy, filling meal that is packed with flavor and yummy ingredients; corn, beans, ground turkey (you can easily sub ground beef if you’d liked) and cheese- trust me, its good! Another bonus is that it is pretty quick to throw together, which is perfect for busy schedules.
- 5 large bell peppers, I used and array of different colors
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Carefully cut off the tops of the bell peppers and hollow out the insides. Place in a greased 7x11 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown turkey until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Place turkey in a large mixing bowl and add black beans, corn, cheese, enchilada sauce, cumin and salt and stir to evenly combine ingredients.
- Stuff each bell pepper to the top rim. Once each bell pepper is stuffed cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Remove pan and foil and sprinkle tops with cheese and return to oven to bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melty on top.