Grilled Caprese Chicken
Caprese Salads have always been one of my favorite things. Balsamic, mozzarella, tomato and basil were just supposed to be together. The flavor combination is so refreshing and complete perfection!
So, as I was planning the menu for the week, I thought, why not make a grilled chicken version?! I have to give my mom credit for this recipe. I told her my idea and she created the recipe. Let me tell you, she nailed it! This marinade is one of THE BEST that I have had and the chicken dish as a whole will completely knock your socks off!
If you are looking for a light, refreshing and dinner full of flavor, give this one a try! My family can’t get enough of it!
- ½ cup oil
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6-8 chicken breasts
- 6-8 slices tomatoes
- 18-24 basil leaves
- 6-8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Combine oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper in small bowl and stir to combine ingredients. Pour into a large ziplock bag.
- Poke holes in chicken breasts with fork. Place chicken breasts in ziplock back with marinade. Zip shut and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Grill on low for 10 minutes on each side or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from grill place 3-4 basil leaves on top of chicken. Next top with a slice of tomato per chicken breast. Then top each chicken breast with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Place under the broiler until cheese is melty. Keep a close eye as things burn fast under the broiler.
- Drizzle with addition balsamic vinegar if desired.
Jen @ Baked by an Introvert
This caprese salad looks delightful. It sounds extremely flavorful and has be wanting some right now!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
That perfectly melted cheese looks so good! Pinned! :)
Emily @ Life on Food
This is my kind of dinner. Even better is that my husband won't be reaching over for tastings.
This looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I love caprese salad and chicken so add them together, bonus!!
I don't normally comment on recipes, but I had to on this one. MAN, was this INCREDIBLE! Pretty sure I could actually eat this every day. I used thin chicken breasts and only marinated them for 10 minutes or so before putting them on a George Foreman grill and they were still so incredible and flavorful. and FAST. Thank you for this recipe!!!
Leave a Comment