My mother is known for her amazing recipes. I had one kid sign my yearbook in Jr. High, and I kid you not, this is exactly what he wrote…
“Nikki, tell your mom I am coming over to visit and can’t wait to see what she has cookin’!”
Pretty sure some people used me to get to my mom’s kitchen. If I wasn’t me, I probably would, too!
My mom is famous for her chocolate chip cookies… and I am about to share with you the secret recipe! Since I can remember, these cookies have been a staple in my home… and once someone received the recipe, it quickly became a staple in their home as well.
Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes.