Crock Pot Creamy Black Bean Salsa Chicken
I love this time of year! I love watching my little girl play outside. It is her heaven. She loves the outdoors, parks, walks… basically anything that gets her out of the house she has been stuck in all winter long. On days that we are outside, I hate stressing about what to make for dinner or even coming in early enough to get it started. Crock pot meals make that so easy for me. Stick in all in the crock pot in the morning, and have very little prep to do for dinner time. They are my favorite.
This meal was incredible. My entire family enjoyed it and it was extremely easy to make!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1.25 oz) envelope taco seasoning
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. water
- grated cheddar cheese
- diced tomatoes
- Place chicken breasts in the slow-cooker and cover with the broth, salsa, corn, beans and taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and either shred it or cut it up into bite-size pieces.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water; stir until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture into the slow-cooker mixture.
- Put the chicken back into the slow-cooker.
- Keep lid off; turn to HIGH and let the mixture thicken for about 30 minutes.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese and diced tomatoes.
recipe slightly adapted from 365 Days of Slow Cooking Cookbook
Do the chicken need to be de-frosted? or can they still be frozen?
This has been my fav recipe for ever. But can this be converted to instant pot?? I just got one lol
I always put mine in frozen. All crockpots are different- mine cooks hot. I can put it in frozen at noon on LOW and it's perfect (not over-cooked) at 6pm:-)
Beautiful. Great Job on your new site! Love it!
Looks fabulous Nikki! I've had something similar, but without the sour cream. Definitely gonna have to give this version a try! :)
Ohhh Nikki, what wonderful recipes. Thank you for sharing. I´ll try this this weekend.
This looks delicious! So easy too. I found you via tip junkie's link party!
I mad this for dinner tonight, but instead of using all the taco seasoning, I used half and added black beans in a spicy sauce.. YUMMY!! My 2-year-old triplets ate it on top of nachos.. which was almost better than in the tortillas! Great recipe
Just made this for dinner and it is so yummy! I have tried like 6 or 7 of your crockpot recipes and love them, the flavors and how easy, thank you so much. Have even shared with friends at work and they are enjoying your talent. :)
Do you have the nutritional values for this recipe? It's so good!
This was delicious!! I added a small can of diced green chiles. Tomorrow's leftovers are being served over rice.
Where is this recipe?
Chef in Training
sorry about that. It should be fixed now :)
Leave a Comment