This Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken is rich and flavorful and makes a fantastic main dish. The cream sauce contains garlic and a variety of herbs that combine deliciously. The mushrooms really add something spectacular to the meal. This will be a recipe that will become a new regular.
School is starting back up soon and it is so bittersweet. Meal time is super important to me, especially when school is in session because it allows us to really talk and hear about the kids’ day. This meal is a new favorite and has all of my favorite things.
Mushrooms are probably my favorite vegetable when they are cooked and sautéed. They pair so well with this dinner.
The sauce is seasoned to perfection beginning with garlic and then adding a variety of spices. It is rich but absolutely delightful. This meal will become a new regular in my household.
- 6 pieces of chicken, salt and peppered (I used thighs)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoon thyme
- 1½ teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and chicken.
- If using boned chicken cook chicken for 8 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Melt butter over medium high heat and add mushrooms.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium low and add chicken back in.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. Chicken should reach and internal temperature of 165 degrees F.