These Buckeye Cookies have a soft and chewy chocolate cookie base. They are then topped with a delicious creamy peanut butter filling and then a chocolate ganache is poured over top. These cookies are rich and delicious. They are sure to be any peanut butter/chocolate lover’s new favorite cookie!
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, this is the post for you! Seriously, these cookies are sensational!
My baby girl just recently turned one. It is so bittersweet. It is so fun to watch her grow and learn new things but so sad because she is my last one so I am truly trying to soak in every new stage as much as possible.
She was actually lucky to get to celebrate with a lot of family from both sides on her special day. These Buckeye Cookies were one of the treats I brought due to having SO MANY peanut butter lovers in my family. They were a smashing success.
The chocolate cookie is so soft, chewy and fudgy. The Peanut Butter filling is creamy and sweetened and brings a balance to the richness of the chocolate. Finally, a beautiful rich chocolate ganache is poured over each cookie.
For the peanut butter filling, you can either pipe or spread it over top as seen in both pictures on this post. Its up to you!
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you absolutely need to make this cookie! It is so good!
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt baking chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until melted and smooth. Let cool.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat again until smooth.
- Add cooled melted baking chocolate and stir until mixed completely.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder together and add to butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix until just blended. Do not over mix
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes. This allows dough to set up.
- Place dough on cookie sheets in 1 inch to 1½ inch balls, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes. It allows the cookies time to set up.
- Cool completely
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Beat on high until creamy. Add powder sugar and milk. Beat again until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into one corner of the baggy.
- Cut of ½ inch of one of the corners.
- Pipe peanut butter mixture over each cookie.
- In a glass bowl combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave again for 30 second increments, stirring between each increment, until the chocolate is melted.
- Spoon chocolate over each cookie.