These Creamy Balsamic Mushrooms are sautéed to perfection. The sauce is both creamy and tangy and adds such an incredible flavor to the mushrooms. These make for a great side dish or perfect on top of steak.
I have said it before and I will say it again, mushrooms are my absolute FAVORITE vegetable. Which is crazy because growing up I hated them. I don’t know what it was but over the years I have grown a love for them. The first recipe that got me hooked was my grandma’s recipe for Easy and Delicious Stuffed Mushrooms, which can be found on the blog. I have experimented and used them in several recipes since and now, when they are sautéed or cooked to tender perfection, I could enjoy them in every meal.
This Creamy Balsamic Sauce is a delicious way to change up your traditional mushrooms and add a perfect balance of creaminess and tang to the vegetable. These were a huge hit with both my husband and myself. I can picture this recipe complimenting a tender juicy steak perfectly and can’t wait to try it out! Even by itself, it makes for one insanely delicious side dish!
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons minced garlic
- 16 ounce whole cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add minced garlic and and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add heavy cream, chicken broth, and balsamic vinegar and cook until sauce comes to a soft boil.
- Remove from heat and serve.