These Meatballs with Garlic Herb Sauce make for a fantastic meal or appetizer. They are full of flavor and will become a new favorite. It has just the right amount of garlic and is perfectly complimented with a delicious blend of herbs.
MEATBALLS WITH GARLIC HERB SAUCE
Meatballs are such a versatile recipe because they are great as an entree or as an appetizer. This recipe for Meatballs with Garlic Herb Sauce is loaded with flavor and would be perfect for either. Stick a toothpick in them and serve them at your next party or get together or serve it over rice or noodles and create an unforgettable meal.
This recipe is loaded with flavor. I love the addition of garlic to recipes. It is such a powerful flavor enhancer and really brings life to a dish. That is exactly what it does for this recipe. The flavor is balanced by a delicious blend of herbs.
- 2½ pounds ground beef
- 3 eggs, blended
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1½ Tablespoons minced onion
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, minced onion, garlic, pepper, salt, oregano, and thyme.
- Add ground beef and mix until well blended.
- Add oats and mix well again.
- Roll meatballs into 1½ inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high. Add oil and place meatballs carefully into the skillet.
- Cook meat balls for about 3 minutes per side. (Top and bottom)
- Cover skillet and turn the heat down to low and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes,or until the meatballs are no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove meatballs from skillet and drain on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream, salt, basil, and thyme and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Add meatballs into the sauce and heat until meatballs are warm.