This Coconut Cream Pie Dip is seriously INCREDIBLE! The most delicious coconut cream pie transformed into one unforgettable appetizer! You will not be able to stop eating this stuff it is so addictive and absolutely DIVINE!
Tis the season for Pies! Aren’t you so excited?!
My Coconut Cream Pie has been deemed the absolute best around by several readers and I would have to agree. Its flavor is perfection!
Then it dawned on me, why not transform this incredible recipe into an appetizer!?!
Let me tell you, this is one recipe you are going to want to make over and over and over again! It is THAT good! Everyone who tried this could not stop coming back for more until it was completely gone. It did not last long at all and I promise it will be the same way at your next gathering. It is so unique and sure to be a total crowd pleaser!
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cool whip, thawed to room temperature
- toasted coconut
- In medium sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add half and half and egg yolks and whisk until well combined. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in butter, coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into medium bowl, cover with saran wrap directly on the filling itself to avoiding a sticky film on top. Let sit until cool.
- Once completely cool, stir in thawed cool whip and serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, teddy grahams.