Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies Recipe
I LOVE cinnamon rolls! They are one of my favorite desserts! Warm ooey gooey bread and cinnamon goodness slathered in cream cheese frosting… could there be a more heavenly combo?
Thats where the idea for these brilliant cookies stem from. Minus the bready-part, these taste JUST LIKE a cinnamon roll. It is uncanny!
These were a hit with ALL who tried them and are sure to be a new regular in our house! The Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Frosting is a total show stopper! If you love cinnamon rolls, I am sure you will enjoy these as much as we do!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ vanilla
- In large bowl cream sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to sugar mixture and beat until just combined. Dough may be a little crumbly, press together and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough ¼ to ½ inch thickness and cut with circle cookie cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla until creamy. Pipe frosting onto cookie using a pastry bag or a large baggy with the corner snipped off.
- Garnish with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Shawn @ I Wash You Dry
My family adores cinnamon rolls! We'll probably just have these for breakfast. They look so good!
These look fabulous! I can not wait to try them!
These looked soooo good I had to make them today. They do not disappoint! Deliciously wonderful! I'm a little worried that the frosting won't dry enough that i'll be able to stack them though. I see in your picture they are stacked. Did it ruin the frosting when you did that?
Why do you put salt in the frosting? These are not easy to stack especially with the frosting. Do they need to be refrigerated because of the frosting? If you were an inexperienced baker these instructions are terrible.
How do you store these with the cream cheese icing?
4 cups of powdered sugar I am assuming. You might want to correct the recipe.
My kids are going to flip for these cookies! They love anything with cinnamon and sugar! Thanks for the recipe!
I am always looking for different things to bake.....this sounded interesting so I will be trying it out
You might want to edit the ingredients in the frosting, even though I understand you mean powdered sugar many won't.
I think these turned out very great, but the dough was a bit too crumbly to put together since I live in a dry enviroment but I just added another egg and that did the trick :)
Hi... Just one question ... If we stack these cookies, will the frosting stay good or will it get smudged? Want to try them out for favours. Packed in a jar.
Chef in Training
it will get smudged. I just stacked them for a picture but definitely wouldn't recommend stacking them like this :)
I have a question. My mix that makes the dough never got hard to be able to roll.. It was sticky..?? Any advice?
Leave a Comment