I LOVE cinnamon rolls! They are one of my favorite desserts! Warm ooey gooey bread and cinnamon goodness slathered in cream cheese frosting… could there be a more heavenly combo?
Thats where the idea for these brilliant cookies stem from. Minus the bready-part, these taste JUST LIKE a cinnamon roll. It is uncanny!
These were a hit with ALL who tried them and are sure to be a new regular in our house! The Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Frosting is a total show stopper! If you love cinnamon rolls, I am sure you will enjoy these as much as we do!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ vanilla
- In large bowl cream sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to sugar mixture and beat until just combined. Dough may be a little crumbly, press together and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough ¼ to ½ inch thickness and cut with circle cookie cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla until creamy. Pipe frosting onto cookie using a pastry bag or a large baggy with the corner snipped off.
- Garnish with cinnamon sugar mixture.