Every time I go to any Mexican Restaurant, I scour the menu for the Blanco Sauce options. It is by far my favorite Mexican sauce!
It is creamy, cheesy perfection! It is great smothered over burritos or used to dip your chips in!
Trust me, give this recipe a try! You will not be disappointed!
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ¼ cup finely diced jalapeno (seeded)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 8 slices American white cheese
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and jalapenos and sauté for 4 minutes or until tender. Add cream and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add Monterey Jack cheese and American cheese. Stir until melted. Return to low heat until it reaches desired temperature. Stir in cilantro and serve over burritos, or enchiladas or use as a dip.