Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
This Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding will be one of THE BEST things you EVER eat. The flavor is truly spectacular and the texture is phenomenal. Chocolate is scattered throughout each and every bite of the delicious buttery and flaky croissants. The chocolate syrup is the perfect finishing touch. This will be a recipe you revisit over and over again!
If there is one recipe that I feel goes under the radar on this blog that deserves the spotlight and a standing ovation it is The Best Ever Croissant Bread Pudding. Every review is positive and raves about it and I HIGHLY suggest you give it a try! You don’t even know what you are missing out on!
This version equals it in deliciousness, but it’s different. The chocolate in this recipe really is extraordinary. If you like chocolate, you need to tune into this recipe.
The base consists of buttery flaky croissants submerged in a sweet chocolate egg batter with and chocolate chips scattered throughout.
I buy a box of large croissants from a local grocery store bakery and chop them up to use for this recipe. The croissants really transform bread pudding from blah to WOW! The texture is SO much better than a standard loaf of bread. Once you try these bread puddings, there is no going back.
This recipe completely disappears each and every time its made. Trust me when I say, this is one recipe you don’t want to pass up on.
- 10 cups pre-made croissant rolls, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place croissant cubes in the bottom of pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine milk, heavy cream, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and chocolate syrup. Whisk until smooth and well blended. Pour over the top of cubed croissants. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Smoosh the croissants down with your hands to make sure everything gets coated.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 50-65 minutes. Baking time will depend on your oven. I usually cover the top of the casserole with foil during the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- In medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, chocolate chips, and buttermilk. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute, or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and baking soda and vanilla.
- Serve over bread pudding.
Can’t wait to try this! Your original bread pudding recipes is rich and delicious! Since I love chocolate this also sounds like a winner! Thank you!
Leave a Comment