This Chicken Stroganoff is packed with flavor and is simple to make. Its the perfect meal and will be an instant family favorite!
This Creamy Chicken Stroganoff is a huge hit at the dinner table. It is loaded with flavor and is a recipe I can count on each of my family members eating. I have a couple of picky eaters so when I find a winning dinner, it definitely makes its appearance regularly at the dinner table.
This is a meal that is perfect anytime of year. It is delicious and easy to make. It is perfect over noodles or rice.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup onion
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 to 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- (1 Tablespoon cornstarch plus 1 teaspoon of cold water if need to thicken)
- 12 ounces cooked egg noodles
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour into large ziplock bag or Tupperware. Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts and coat. Seal and marinate chicken for 4 hours.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add olive oil and chicken. Brown chicken for 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium low and cook chicken for about 8 to 10 minutes or until done, depending on size of your chicken.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Wipe skillet out and add butter and melt over medium high heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add salt, pepper, cream, chicken broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and bring to a boil again. (If sauce is to runny add cornstarch mixture to sauce and bring to a boil.)
- Add chicken back in and simmer for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodle. Garnish with parsley.