I am a huge fan of Chicken Parmesan! The breaded chicken combined with marinara sauce and cheesy goodness is perfection if you ask me :)
Today, I am sharing my family’s version of the recipe and it is definitely one of the best I have ever had!
This recipe uses our recipe for Homemade Marinara Sauce and it really adds something special and unique as far as flavor goes.
The texture and flavor of the breading is wonderful. When all the flavors and ingredients come together, you have a picture-perfect meal.
This Baked Chicken Parmesan will be one you want to make over and over again! It is a recipe even my picky little eater thoroughly enjoyed!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 medium boneless chicken breast
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated provolone cheese
- 1 package fettuccine, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 recipe Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- If desired, you can pound chicken breasts to a half inch thickness for faster baking time.
- In large skillet heat oil on medium heat.
- In shallow bowl mix eggs with fork and set aside.
- In a Zip-lock bag, or deep dish, combine Panko crumbs, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and basil.
- On a shallow plate add 4 Tablespoons flour.
- Dip and coat chicken in the flour and then in the egg mixture, shaking of excess egg.
- Next, dip chicken into the Panko mixture.
- After dipping, place chicken into the hot oil. Cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side and then transfer to the 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour marinara sauce over chicken and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking in the oven, mix together provolone cheese and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken for the last two minutes of baking.
- Check chicken to make sure it is cooked through before adding cheese.
- Serve over fettuccine pasta or whatever your desired pasta is.