Chicken Cordon Bleu is probably one of my favorite dinners and favorite ways to spin a recipe. I know it is one of yours too, because anytime I post something to do with Chicken Cordon Bleu, you all go crazy for it… and as you should! They are all seriously amazing.
This soup is nothing short of incredible. The flavor is SPOT ON to Chicken Cordon Bleu! Chicken, bacon, ham, swiss cheese, cream cheese… all the ingredients for a beautiful recipe if you ask me!
This recipe is PERFECT for the cooling temperatures and will make the perfect comfort you this fall and winter season! Everyone who tried this gave it rave reviews!
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2½ cups half and half (half and half is a half cream, half milk mixture found next to the heavy cream)
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon chicken base, or two chicken bullion cubes crushed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2½ cups chopped rotisserie chicken (cooked chicken breast will work)
- ½ cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- In a large sauce pan melt butter and then add the flour to make a roux. Cook for about a minute. Add the half and half, milk and the chicken base. Heat for a few minutes and then add the cream cheese. While continuously stirring, bring to a boil and add chicken, bacon. and ham. Take off heat and stir in Swiss cheese. Bring back to the stove on low heat and stir until cheese is melted.
If you enjoy this recipe, then be sure and check out: