Time for my first pumpkin recipe of the year… are you ready for this?! I am SO ready for pumpkin!
This is the PERFECT Fall breakfast! If you love pumpkin, you have to try out these waffles! The candied pecans add the perfect crunch. Buttermilk pancakes and waffles are my favorite, so I figured, why not try a pumpkin version?! Then end result was fabulous!
This is definitely a must-try fall recipe!
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2¼ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoon corn meal
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In medium bowl combine butter, egg, brown sugar, buttermilk, and pumpkin. Add flour, salt, baking powder, corn meal, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Mix until just combined- do not over mix.
- Top with maple syrup, whip cream and candied pecans.
- Combine pecans and sugar in a skillet over medium heat on stove top until sugar melts. Cool on parchment paper.