Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
This Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is so incredible. It is creamy, loaded with vegetables, chicken, soft and silky-smooth gnocchi and delicious flavor. This will be a recipe you make on repeat and will be an instant family favorite.
I have been to Olive Garden a lot recently between birthdays and girls night out, it seems to be the place of choice for a lot of people. One of my absolute favorite items on their menu is the Chicken and Gnocchi Soup. I get it every single time. This recipe was inspired by that favorite soup.
This soup reminds me of a chicken and dumpling soup because of the gnocchi. It is soft, silky smooth and adds so much to each bite that contains one. It is loaded with delicious vegetables and has a flavorful and creamy base.
Since making this recipe for the first time a month or so ago, it has been made three times since. It is now a winter staple in my home and one that gets requests often. I know you will love this as much as we do!
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cooked and chopped chicken
- 16 ounces Gnocchi
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped.
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium high heat sauté onion, and celery in olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook another minute.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, basil, thyme, oregano, and chicken and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, Gnocchi and spinach and cook for another 4 minutes.
- If you want a thicker soup, Mix 1½ Tablespoons corn starch with 3 teaspoons cold water. Pour slowly into soup. And cook until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in spinach and cook for an additional minute.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh Parmesan.
Made according to recipe, although I added a tad more chicken and celery. The directions were a bit confusing (steps 4, 5, and 7 contradict). I also let it simmer to thicken a bit longer. But very yummy and perfect for a cold day. Easy as well. Next time I may add just a tad more liquid.
Just made this soup; WOW, it's the best! Looked up how to make gnocchi as I can't buy it already made where I live, and I will definitely be making this again. Everyone loved it. (Even my girls pitched in to help make it!) Thanks for the recipe!
Did you use fresh or dried basil, thyme, oregano.
Made this tonight. Added more chicken And a few more garlic cloves. The best soup I’ve ever had! Way better than Olive Garden!!!!! This will be in rotation for years to come.
This is so good! We like it a little thinner so replaced some of the cream with milk. Perfect. Thanks for the great recipee
Leave a Comment