Cheesecake Rice Krispy Treats
I adore Rice Krispy Treats… ooey gooey marshmallow goodness… does it get any better?!
Well, I must say it does! My cute friends over at Sugar n’ Spice Gals (Becky has been my best friend since 2nd grade) made some Banana Rice Krispy treats using a pudding mix. Do you see where I am going with this? I love finding uses for pudding mixes :) Anyway, I decided to try a cheesecake flavor and sprinkle some vanilla wafers on top and the end result was FANTASTIC!
I used some cheesecake flavoring I bought at a local kitchen specialty store to add to the cheesecake flavor, but it is delicious without it, you may just not pick up on as strong of a cheesecake flavor as you would with it.
- 5-6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- 10 oz. bag marshmallows
- 1 (3.9 oz) box cheesecake instant pudding mix, dry
- ¼ tsp. cheesecake flavoring
- 6-8 vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
- Measure out Rice Krispy Cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Spray an 8x11 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Once butter has melted, add marshmallows, instant cheesecake pudding mix and cheesecake flavoring and stir until marshmallows have melted completely.
- Remove from heat and add cereal to marshmallow mixture and gently stir to evenly coat all cereal.
- Pour into prepared pan and spray hands with cooking spray and gently press rice krispy treats gently into pan to evenly distribute.
- Quickly sprinkle on crushed vanilla wafer cookies over the top.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
(recipe adapted from: Sugar-n-Spice Gals)
Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker
Combining one of my of my favourite treats in one!
Chloe @ foodlikecake
These sound amazing- I love when people change up rice krispies!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I'm such a huge fan of RKTreats that I have an entire board set up for them! And this is going right on it! Nice!
Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy
These sound epic. Definitely one for a weekend treat :)
Danielle @ theCHARMITspot
Oh my.. You took two of my favorite desserts and made them into one? Must have! Finding this was a gem! Your pictures are beautiful and the recipe sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts
I WILL be making this asap!!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
Oh my gosh I love cheesecake and rice krispie treats. Must have.
Emily @ Life on Food
This is now my favorite way to use pudding mix. Love it!
What is cheesecake flavoring?
Where would I find Cheescake flavoring for these bars? Thank you
Chef in Training
I found the Cheesecake Flavoring at a kitchen specialty store. I am sure amazon sells some too.
Leave a Comment