Kathi here from over at Deliciously Yum. We’re talking breakfast today. Even though it’s not my personal favorite of the day, breakfast foods eaten at any other time, definitely have my heart skipping a beat.
With the holiday season just around the corner, I started thinking about special breakfast treats that will keep you satisfied and full until it’s time to dig into that holiday dinner you’ve been waiting for all year.
And in order to keep things fun and festive, I decided to put a twist on one of our family favorites. Best ever pancakes are upping the ante with the wonderful flavors of carrot cake.
Classic carrot cake spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are shining alongside grated carrots (which make the pancakes even more amazing and moist) and transform pancakes into an indulgence you have got to try for yourself.
Topped with a healthy amount of butter and dripping with maple syrup, I am pretty sure hardly anyone will be able to resist a stack of these. There’s not a doubt in my mind. You might even want to consider making a double batch, especially if you’re feeding a crowd. You won’t believe how fast they disappear and just in case you do have some leftovers, these pancakes freeze extremely well.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1½ cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⅓ cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add the milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk until smooth, it’s okay if some lumps remain. Fold in grated carrots.
- Turn a griddle to high and spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter onto griddle, using a ¼ cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides for about 2 minutes each and serve hot with syrup or desired toppings.
This recipe was created by contributor, Kathi, from Deliciously Yum
You can find Deliciously Yum at: