Caramel Cream Pie
This Caramel Cream Pie is sweet and delicious! It has a toffee sugar cookie crust, a delicious creamy caramel filling. It it is topped with sweetened whipped cream, drizzled with caramel and garnished with additional toffee. If you love caramel, this is the pie for you!
I feel very fortunate to live in a state where all four seasons are expressed beautifully. Fall is my absolute favorite. The trees and mountains look like a painting masterpiece with pops of yellow, orange and red.
One of my favorite fall treats and/or ingredient is caramel. Caramel goes with so much and brings so much to a recipe. I knew I had to make a pie where it was actually the rather than a costar. This was a hit with all my caramel loving family members.
I need to preface that it is a really sweet pie, but so is caramel which is why I know that if you love caramel, you will love this pie.
The base is a toffee sugar cookie and such a delicious addition to the pie. The caramel cream layer is absolutely wonderful paired with it. It is made using my Homemade Caramel Sauce for a smoother consistency.
If you love caramel, definitely give this pie a try! It just may become your new favorite pie this upcoming holiday season :)
- 1 (16.5 oz) tube of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough from the refrigerator section
- 1 cup toffee bits, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup homemade caramel sauce, divided (See recipe below)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press dough into 9 inch pie pan.
- Press ¾ cup toffee bits, evenly sprinkled, into dough and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and completely cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Add ½ cup caramel and beat again.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream and gradually add the sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Divide the whipping cream in half and fold in one half of the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Save the other half for the top.
- Pour mixture into cooled pie crust.
- Spread the remaining whipping cream over the top of the pie. Drizzle with ¼ cup caramel sauce and top with toffee bits.
- Place sugar in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon or a whisk.
- Sugar will begin to form clumps. Keep stirring until it begins to melt into brown liquid.
- Once sugar is completely melted, add butter remove from heat and stir butter vigorously until well incorporated. BE CAREFUL to not spatter as the liquid is VERY hot.
- Return to the heat and add the cream. Once again the sauce is going to splatter, so be very, very, careful!
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 to 10 minutes before using.
Leave a Comment