I have quite a few recipes in line that are waiting to be shared with all of you, and this one I have been very excited about! Let me introduce you to Cannoli Chimichangas. This recipe for Cannoli Chimichangas is phenomenal.
I mean, really. The insides of cannolis, deep fried and covered in cocoa sugar. What is not to love about this dessert?!
Top these warm chimichangas with some ice cream and you have a match made in heaven.
- 6 medium size flour tortillas
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups oil for frying
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cocoa powder
- Hot fudge
- ice cream
- Heat oil to 360 degrees F in medium sauce pan.
- Beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sugar together in small mixing bowl. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place ⅙ of the mixture in the middle of a tortilla and fold buritto style. Secure with toothpicks and fry for 2 to three minutes flipping half way until golden brown on outsides.
- Roll in coco sugar coating mixture and immediately serve with ice cream. Drizzle with hot fude and carmel.