My favorite Candy Bar is hands down Twix. I love the caramel, shortbread, chocolate combo.
I was brainstorming some ideas a couple weeks ago and then this brilliant one hit me. I am obsessed with my Oreo Truffle Brownies… yummy brownie, oreo truffle filling topped with chocolate. Why not make a Twix version?!
Oh. My. Gosh. Time to break out the stretchy pants… This recipe will completely knock your socks off. If you love the components of Twix, then you will LOVE this recipe!
This recipe is a fudgy chocolate brownie topped with a shortbread cookie truffle, gooey caramel and melted chocolate… yeah, its pretty amazing :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 1 (10 oz.) box Lorna Doone's Shortbread Cookies
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 14 oz. bag of caramel cubes, unwrapped
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Add salt, cocoa powder and flour and stir to well combine. Do not over mix.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes.
- Place cookies in a food processor until fine powder. Mash in cream cheese and sugar until mixture is well combined.
- Gently press shortbread truffle evenly over cooled brownies.
- Place caramel cubes and milk in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Evenly pour over shortbread truffle layer.
- Place in fridge to let it cool.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening together in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Evenly spread over the top of cooled caramel layer.
- Let set up in fridge before cutting into.