These Butterscotch Haystack Cookies are simple, easy and taste so delicious! They crunch provides such a fun and unique texture to these cookies. They are perfect for when you need dessert in a hurry!
These Haystack Cookies are a recipe that was handed down to me from my grandma! It is a simple, easy dessert that hardly requires any time at all! Best of all the are NO BAKE!
The crunch from the Chow Mein Noodles is a fun change up to the normal cookie. Let’s talk about the chow mein noodles for a minute. I get questions on them all the time when I make a recipe with them so I want to clarify exactly what they are. These are what I use. This is not an affiliate link, its simply just to show you what it looks like. They are NOT pasta noodles. I used them in these Egg Nest Cookies as well.
These cookies are THE PERFECT go to easy, quick recipe when you need dessert in a pinch and they make a great after-school-treat for the kids that they enjoy helping out with!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups Chow mein noodles, I use the La Choy brand in the 5. oz can NOT chow mein pasta noodles
- ½ cup peanuts
- In a microwavable safe bowl, melt peanut butter and butterscotch together for 1 minutes. Stir until almost melted and then return the microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and stir again.
- Add Chow mein noodles and peanuts and carefully stir until well incorporated.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Drop haystacks by heaping spoonful's onto the parchment paper and refrigerate until set.