Rich, fudgy and pure chocolate goodness is my definition of brownies.
Thats where the idea for these cookies stemmed from.
Let me introduce you: Meet Brownie Cookies with Brownie Batter Frosting.
Can you picture this chocolate-lovers-dream come true?!
I brought these to a class I recently taught and they were the first cookie to go. And everyone was asking for the recipe.
These cookies are rich, chocolaty and absolute heaven! If you love chocolate, these are the perfect cookie for you!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (if desired)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dry brownie mix
- 2 ounces unsweetened bakers chocolate, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat again until creamy. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Pour in melted chocolate and mix well. Add brownie mix, sugar, salt and vanilla and beat again. Slowly add powdered sugar. Add the hot water until you have the consistency you want.
- Frost cooled cookies and top with sprinkles if desired.