Growing up, I could always depend on an after-school-snacks. I looked forward to coming home every single day to see what my mom was surprising me with. As a parent, I am now discovering that kids are most talkative about their day in a small window as soon as they get home. Obviously, this is not always the case, but in most cases I find it is. My mom has always been one of my best friends because we talked and talked often, and a lot of my school days were spent talking while enjoying these treats and snacks.
My mom is still super woman for being able to do that every week day. I can’t keep up most days, as much as i like to. I want to know her secret ;) She took requests as well as her own creative ideas on recipes.
This Blueberry Angel Food Sheet Cake was a regular. It is one of our favorites and one we still make today. She made things simpler by using a box cake mix. You can also use this recipe for THE BEST Angel Food Cake. However you decide to make it, the end result will be delicious!
The blueberries add such a fun pop and burst of flavor.
The angel food cake is light and airy in texture making for a simple and delightful treat.
As if it wouldn’t be perfect enough, a blueberry glaze tops it off to take it to the next level.
If you need a yummy, tasty treat that will feed a crowd and is light and refreshing, give this Blueberry Angel Food Sheet Cake a try!
It is fabulous!
- 1 angel food sheet cake prepared as directed on the box or as your favorite recipe states
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Pour prepared batter into an ungreased jelly roll pan.
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and flour. Shake off excess flour and sprinkle blueberries over the top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring blueberries, water and sugar to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a medium mixing bowl and add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you would like for a garnish.