Mexican Food happens to be every single person in my family’s favorite type of food.
The flavors are amazing and I love how versatile it can be!
This Mexican Rice is a staple at most ALL of our Mexican-food themed dinners. The recipe comes from my grandma and has been a regular since I can remember. It is SO simple and the flavor is outstanding! It is one of the first things my kids clean their plates of.
If you are in search of a delicious side to serve at your next dinner, give this one a try! It is a family favorite!
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1½ cup frozen corn
- 2½ cup salsa
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups rice
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- In a large sauce pan, cook peppers and onions in oil until tender, but not browned.
- Add corn, salsa and broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook on low until rice is done.
- Stir twice white cooking (Cook time is about 25 minutes.)
- Fluff with fork and add cheese.