This Broccoli Pasta Salad is perfect for any occasion. It is fresh and delicious and is a great main dish, side dish or pot luck item.
I am so relieved to have May behind us. I am SO ready for summer and with it all the fun gatherings with mouthwatering food! May is by far my busiest month, which means LOTS of quick and easy meals. The thing I love about this recipe is it is so versatile. It is perfect for main dish, side dish, pot luck and any time of year.
The chicken is beautifully seasoned and flavored. The fresh vegetables provide a crispness to each and every bite while the pasta brings a tenderness. The dressing is sweet, tangy and flavorful and helps to tie all the delicious ingredients together. It is an absolute hit everywhere it toes!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1½ teaspoons oregano
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3½ cups broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 cups cooked Rotini pasta
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken breast (You can use rotisserie or the recipe below)
- 1 cup Craisins
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 0.7 ounce Italian dressing
- In a small bowl combine oregano, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Rub on chicken.
- Heat skillet to medium high. Add oil and then chicken.
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes per side and then turn stovetop down to low and cover and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and cube into bite sizes.
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- If you are not serving immediately wait to add the almonds so they don't get soft.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well.