I will be the first to admit, sometimes Dinner is just plain hard to get on the table. Being a busy mom of a 3-1/2 year old and a 1-1/2 year old, I rarely even find the time to get my hair done and make up on. Most days, it is actually pulled up into a bun on the top of my head and we live in pjs :) How is that for living without pretending?! haha! As far as the pj thing goes, we have tons of snow in front of our house so being in warm jammies is our way of surviving in my house :) haha!
On busy days, I love easy go-to meals. French Bread Pizza is one of those for me. The thing I LOVE about French Bread Pizza is how EASY it is! I usually make one half the kind me and my husband would enjoy and one half a cheese version because that is my kiddos favorite. This is one of my favorite ways to make it because I am an Alfredo girl through and through.
Note: This recipe is for one half of the french bread. If you wanted to do both sides with this recipe, simply double it.
- ½ loaf French Bread, Cut the loaf in half lengthwise
- ¼-1/3 cup Alfredo sauce, more or less depending on preference
- ⅓-1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, more or less depending on preference
- ⅓-1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, more of less depending on preference
- 1 large cooked and chopped/sliced chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spread Alfredo sauce evenly over the top of french bread.
- Layer Spinach until it reaches desired amount.
- Layer sliced mushrooms until it reaches desired amount.
- Layer chicken until reaches desired amount
- Evenly sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned on top.