With school back in session, I am all about easy meals that I can throw together with little effort on my part. That is why I love slow cooker meals. Minimal prep work and one delicious, easy meal that cooks for hours and makes your house smell amazing!
This is a recipe my mom has been making since I was a little girl and it is fabulous! The flavor of the pork is amazing and we wrap it in smother burritos.
If you are looking for a tasty and easy Mexican meal, give this one a try! It is definitely in my family’s regular dinner rotation!
- 12 burrito size tortillas
- 3 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1 recipe refried beans (I use my homemade recipe and have plenty left over for a side, but you can use a can if you prefer)
- 2½ lbs stew pork meat
- 2 (15 ounce) bottles La Victoria green taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 oz.) cans green chiles
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ Tablespoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add pork, green sauce, onion, bullilon, garlic, green chiles, pepper, cumin and cayenne. Cook for six hours on LOW.
- After meat has cooked, lay out tortillas on a large working surface and place a medium spoon full of beans in the middle of the tortilla. Scoop a few chunks of pork onto the top of the beans and sprinke some cheese over the meat. Fold burrito style and place burrito into a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Fill your baking dish with burritos and pour the chille verde sauce, meat and all, over the burittos. Sprinkle lot of cheese over the top and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F until cheese is melted. Serve wtih sour cream.