These Jalapeño Poppers are extra special! They are stuffed with a creamy sausage filling and wrapped in crispy bacon! This will be the hit of any gathering!
March Madness is here and my hubby and I are SO ecstatic about it! We get so into the rush of the brackets and the game day parties!
For these parties, delicious appetizers are a must! These Jalapeño Poppers are beyond special! The recipe is one my awesome uncle gave to me. It is a man-pleasing recipe that will be one of the first things to disappear! They are packed with flavor and yummy ingredients! The creamy sausage filling cools down the heat of the pepper and the bacon provides an out of this world taste!
If you are looking for a tasty recipe for a crowd, give these a try!
- 10 to 12 Jalapeños
- 10 to 12 slices of bacon
- ⅔ cup sausage, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and set aside.
- Make a slit down the length of the jalapenos and carefully remove seeds and membranes. Place jalapenos on cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the jalapenos over and return to the oven and bake for another 6 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet.
- Reduce oven heat to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet and place bacon in it. Cook bacon for 2 minutes on each side. DO NOT COOK ALL THE WAY THROUGH! It must be pliable to wrap around the jalapeños. Place bacon on paper towels to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sausage. Stuff the cream cheese mixture into the cooled jalapenos. Wrap with bacon. If you need to, use toothpicks to secure the bacon.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes.