Tortellini Vegetable Soup
This is such a flavor packed meal loaded with fabulous vegetables and tortellini! This is such a fantastic line up of ingredients and will quickly soar to one of your new favorite soups of all time!
This week’s weather has been absolutely NUTS!
Let me recap only 24 hours worth for you. It thunder stormed and rained like crazy. Then it snowed- and stuck. Then it turned blue skies and bright warm sunshine which melted all the snow. Then it rained. Then it snowed. Then the sunshine came back. Now imagine this insanity for 3 days straight.
The only thing that sounded good to me during this absurd weather was a bowl warm and comforting soup. My mom created this recipe and it is a good one.
This Tortellini Vegetable Soup is packed with so much flavor and the ingredient list is mouthwatering. It is hearty with the vegetables and the cheesy tortellini makes for a delicious mouthful!
This soup is one of my new favorites and I am sure you will love it as much as we do!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups peeled and sliced carrots
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup sliced celery
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of chicken broth
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, Italian style
- 16 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 3 cups fresh cheese tortellini
- ½ cup pesto
- Fresh Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large stock, pot melt butter over medium high.
- Add carrot, onions, celery and bell pepper. Sauté for three minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and add squash and tortellini. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in pesto and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve.
This looks like such a warm and comforting soup!
Leave a Comment