Are your Christmas plates planned out and ready to go? Mine will be going out next week :) I have another good cookie idea to share with you today, along with some yummy looking ideas from some of my blogging buddies.
I will say that these cookies surprise me every time I eat them. I normally am a chocolate person- as you all probably know very well by now. In any given situation, I pretty much always choose chocolate. But these cookies are actually super delicious and a holiday cookie I look forward too, despite there being no chocolate in them ;)
These cookies are a recipe from my grandma. They are a delicious nutty, soft, fruity cookie. The pecans add a fun counter-texture to the soft cookies and gooey fruity center. It really is a perfect bite each and every time!
My husband kept asking for more! They really are such a tasty treat and perfect for neighbor handouts and cookie exchanges :)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, may need up to an additional ¼ cup
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup favorite jam or preserves, any flavor
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and butter together until creamy and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, water, vanilla and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Add flour gradually and beat on low until well blended.
- In a separate small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Place pecans in a separate shallow bowl.
- Roll cookies into 1 inch balls. Roll and coat each bowl into egg whites then roll in pecans. Place on cookie sheet and gently press down and make a thumbprint into each cookie. You just want a rounded indentation in each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F and remove oven. It may be necessary to press in the indentation once again. Fill each cookie with your favorite jam or preserves.
- Return to oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies.
be sure and check out the other yummy cookies participating today :)
Fruit Filled Pecan Thumbprint Cookies from Chef in Training
Gingersnap Biscotti from Completely Delicious
Eggnog Snickerdoodles from Cooking Classy
True Love Cookies from Creme de la Crumb
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Macaroons from Inside BruCrew Life
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies from Our Best Bites
Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cookies from Sweet Basil
Candy Cane Cheesecake Cookies from Sweet Treats and More
Chocolate Cherry Sandwich Cookies from Taste and Tell
Chocolate Mallow Drops from The Recipe Critic
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Rudolph Cookies from Your Cup of Cake