Fall is fast approaching and I couldn’t be more excited. It is actually my favorite season. The temperatures are cooling down, fall clothing is my favorite, school is back in season and the cooking and baking is wonderful. Fall is my absolute favorite time to bake and cook. The house is always filled with an array of delicious smells.
I love Pralines and Cream! I mean, most people do right?! This yummy dessert is a delicious fall adaption from my Oreo Layered Dessert. I have seen a couple different types of desserts like this out there, like my friend Lynne’s from 365 Days of Baking’s Peanut Butter Dream Bars… YUM! If you love peanut butter- then you have to check out hers!
The Sugared Pecans add the most delicious texture to this creamy dessert. It is served cold and the flavors and textures really come together perfectly for each and every bite. The cookie crust is phenomenal. It really adds something special to the dessert.
If you are looking for the perfect fall treat that doesn’t require a lot of effort on your part, give this recipe a try! It is sure to be a hit with all who try it!
- 1 (11.3 oz.) box of crushed Sandies pecan cookies
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. cool whip, thawed
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 small boxes INSTANT butterscotch pudding, dry not prepared and NOT cook n' serve
- 3½ cup milk
- 12 oz. cool whip
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Carmel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish combine cookies and melted butter to form crust layer. Press down evenly over bottom of pan and bake for 12 min. Set aside to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip until smooth and well combined. Set aside in fridge until ready to assemble.
- In small mixing bowl mix pudding packets and milk and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- In a medium size skillet over medium heat, combine pecans and sugar. Stir until sugar is melted. Pour them out onto to a piece of parchment paper to cool.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Next gently spoon pudding over the cream cheese mixture.
- Then top with the cool whip.
- Sprinkle the cooled sugared pecans over the top.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the nuts and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.