You have probably met the famous Sugar Crumb Crispies on my blog, and might have had the privilege to be introduced to its sister recipes, the Oreo Crumb Crispies, but now I would like to introduce you to the next family member, Cake Batter Crumb Crispies.
The cake batter crumb is delicious. It takes the original sugar crumb to a whole different level. I love the combination of the warm flaky base, the sweet crumb and the delicious glaze. This recipe whips up in minutes and is a family favorite! So many delicious flavors and textures combine to make each bite perfection. Make these ASAP, you will be SO glad that you did :)
Cake Batter Crumb Crispies
By April 24, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
This recipe whips up in minutes and is a family favorite! So many delicious flavors and textures combine to make each bite perfection.
- 1/4 cup COLD butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow cake mix dry
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- . . GLAZE
- 1 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar more or less depending on desired consistency
- 1 Tbsp. milk more or less depending on desired consistency
- 2 Tbsp. yellow cake mix dry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, Cut cold butter into sugars, cake mix and flour to form crumbs.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.
- After they were cooked and cooled, I cut them into smaller triangles but you can leave them big too!
- To make glaze: Blend together all the glaze ingredients and drizzle over Sugar Crumb Crispies.
If you like these, then you will love: