My house has been a sick house the last couple weeks. We are all finally on the mend (thank goodness) but it has definitely not been fun.
Two weekends ago, my daughter came down with a bad cough and a 103.5 fever. My husband, who got his spleen removed earlier this year, was told that when he gets sick, he might get it worse than he typically would have had he still had a spleen. He was also told that if he came down with any fever over 100.4 he would have to call the ER to make sure he didn’t need to come in. Being the paranoid person that I am, I sent him away for the weekend with my little boy so that hopefully my little girl’s sickness would ride itself out and I could get my house sanitized for their return. Well, New Years Eve came and my daughter came down with pink eye, so my husband, who had just drove into town went to his aunts for 24 hours while my daughter started her antibiotics.
Long story short, our New Years eve plans were canceled. Needless to say, I had some bottles of Sparkling Cider that we were going to pop open New Years Eve night to celebrate that never ended up getting used…. so once again, I put it in a recipe :)
Sparkling Apple Cider Pancakes
By January 7, 2013
- Yield: about 10-12 pancakes
These pancakes are so delicious! With fresh apples inside and sparkling cider, they are sure to be a hit in your home!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sparkling apple cider I used Kristian Regal brand
- 1 egg
- 1 large granny smith apple peeled and diced small
- . . SPARKLING APPLE CIDER SYRUP .
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sparkling apple cider I used Kristian Regale
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to evenly combine.
- Add milk, sparkling apple cider and egg and whisk until well combined.
- Evenly fold in diced apple.
- Cook on low-medium heat. Brown on both sides and cook through. Serve hot.
- TO MAKE SYRUP: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, sparkling apple cider, lemon juice and butter. Stir constantly over medium heat until well combined and syrup thickens. Serve hot.
(Sparkling Cider Apple Syrup recipe slightly adapted from: All Recipes)