Occasionally when the colder weather hits, I like to make something in the kitchen that reminds me of summer. For whatever reason, it makes me feel that much warmer :)
This weekend was a cold and rainy one here in Utah. For the first time, we left the house in beanies, heavy coats and lots and lots of layers. As much as I LOVE fall clothing (its my favorite) it made me a tiny bit sad to know it meant we were really, truly, leaving summer behind. Not quite ready to say goodbye to warm weather, I headed to my kitchen and concocted this amazing cake. Doesn’t it scream a little bit of summer to you? S’mores are one of the highlights of my family’s summers!
Chocolate, marshmallow, graham crackers and yummy caramel make this cake out of this world, at least in my opinion. It is so easy to whip up and is completely unique. If you have guests over and need a little hint of summer in the upcoming cold months, give this cake a try.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, and any ingredients it requires
- 1 (12.25 oz.) jar Smucker's Marshmallow Topping
- 1 (16 oz) jar caramel topping
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip, thawed to room temperature
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Let cake cool for about 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake is still warm, slowly pour over marshmallow topping over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
- Spread cool whip over the top evenly.
- Sprinkle top of cake with crushed graham crackers
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.
If you like this recipe, then you might also like: