School is almost back in session for those of you with school-aged kids and for some of you amazing students yourselves. With all the busy preparation you must be facing, I can tell you that some of the EASIEST meals you find will be done in the crock pot.
These meal is SO easy and tastes exactly what you would get at a nice fancy mexican restaurant. I found this recipe on The Food Pusher, used my own Crock-Pot refried beans recipe, and am happy to report that it is now one of our FAVORITE meals! My family was blown away by how delicious and beautiful the presentation was! My hubby went ON AND ON about how much he loved it. We served at a dinner with my parents and my uncle and his family and all LOVED this meal! Definitely a must try!
You can make the homemade refried beans a day or two ahead of time and use it for different meals or dips as well. It makes a lot, but I always like to have some on hand. They are my favorite!
Also pictured, Side Dish: Avocado Salsa
Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos
By August 6, 2012
This amazing meal is done in the crock pot! It doesn't get much easier or delicious than this! It is fantastic!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. stew meat
- 1 (19 oz) can red enchilada sauce I use El Paso Mild brand
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- refried beans either from a can or the recipe I provided you with
- 5-7 burrito size tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese more or less depend ending on personal preference
- Put beef pieces into crock pot. Top with crushed bouillon cubes and enchilada sauce. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- When beef is done (very tender and flakes off when stirred), taste and add more salt, if desired.
- Make sure beans are warmed through. You can use canned refried beans or the recipe I provided you with.
- Smear about 2 heaping spoons worth of beans on to the center of each tortilla. Add about 1/2 cup of beef, give or take, and roll into a burrito.
- Place burritos into a greased 9x13 baking pan until it fills the pan. Pour some of extra sauce over the tops of the burritos to smother them. Place cheese on top.
- Broil until cheese becomes bubbly, approx. 2-4 minutes.
- This recipe makes about 5-7 burritos depending on how big you make them.