My slow cooker is my best friend in the kitchen! I adore it. It saves dinner at my home time and time again! I love the easy of throwing everything in, letting it cook all day, and having a yummy meal ready for you at dinner time.
Sometimes recipes are inspired by what we have on hand. I had a jar of yummy Salsa Verde staring me in the face in my pantry. I knew just what I wanted to do with it. I was so proud of this crock pot recipe! It is completely delicious and the pork turns out to be so juicy and flavorful! It literally falls apart after its done cooking. We LOVED this dinner!
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Pork
By August 19, 2012
An extremely easy recipe! The pork is so juicy and flavorful.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 2 lbs. pork sirloin or loin roast
- kosher salt
- 1 (16 oz) jar Salsa Verde I use La' Victoria Thick and Chunky
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Gernerously sprinkle kosher salt all over pork roast. Place in slow cooker.
- Pour jar of Salsa Verde over pork roast. Next add the diced green chilies and sprinkle the cumin over top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred pork and stir back into the sauce. Serve with whatever toppings you desire; cheese, sour cream, cilantro, tomato, etc.