Sometimes we are all in need of a little inspiration when it comes to dinners. Last week, I posted on my Facebook Page, that I had chicken but was wondering what to make with it. Several of you gave amazing ideas and one of them in particular popped out at me… Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta! Only, I didn’t have a recipe to go off of, so I created one and it was DELICIOUS! I HIGHLY recommend this dinner!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
By June 25, 2012
- Cook: 15 mins
A fun twist on a classic recipe! This is a recipe the entire family will enjoy!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 10-12 oz. penne or ziti pasta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese separated
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cut into strips
- 3/4 cup bacon cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- bread crumbs
- Cook pasta according to its package's directions. Drain. I always add a little olive oil after I drain it and stir in around so the pasta noodles don't stick together or the pot.
- Heat cream cheese on stove over medium low heat until melted. Stir in heavy cream. Stir until completely combined. Add onion powder and garlic salt until it tastes how you would like it to. Stir 1 cup of cheese until smooth consistency.
- In a 9x13, layer noodles, chicken, bacon and ham. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until heated through.