Who doesn’t love popcorn?! I mean really!… It is such a delicious and addicting snack food! My family LOVES popcorn. I am going to let you in on a little secret. Popcorn is one of my husbands go to snacks. He will pop some up and then alternate different seasonings we have in our home. We love the stuff!
My hubby went on a business trip to France recently, and so I went and crashed with my parents for a couple days. There is a 14 year gap difference between me and my younger siblings so 2 of them are still in grade school and depend on after-school-snacks for their sanity! (okay, not really their sanity… but there is nothing like coming home after a busy long day to a yummy little treat waiting for you.) Anyway, my mom went out with her sister for the day and wouldn’t be back in time for them to come home… so I took the liberty of pulling together a yummy, fast, and tasty snack! I found this delicious popcorn recipe over at The Cupcake Theory and it was absolutely wonderful!
The verdict… we all LOVED it!
- 1 package microwave popcorn, popped
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup or honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 12 large marshmallows
- Pop popcorn until done, remove any unpopped kernels.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows.
- Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Store in an airtight container.
recipe from: The Cupcake Theory