Today, I have a fun recipe to share with you. Easter is right around the corner and I thought I would share a yummy treat my mom has been making for years. It would make for a great after school snack or a fun recipe to make with your kids.
I also put some into muffin tins to make bigger nests. I thought it would be super cute to stick a Peep in there with some eggs and handout as fun Easter treats. I think they turned out great!
- 1 (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 (12 oz) bag butterscotch chips, more chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips
- 1 (12 oz) bag chow mien noodlesI used Cadburry chocolate eggs, but you can also use M&Ms or Jelly Beans.
- Peeps if making bigger nests in the large muffin pan.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in chow mien noodles.
- Spray muffin tins lightly with cooking spray.
- Drop by spoonfuls into a greased muffin tin and mold into nest shapes.
- If you are making the larger nests to fit a peep inside, mold into large greased muffin tins.
- Let set, you can also place in the refrigerator to help them set up quicker.
- Place eggs and/or peeps on top.
I also want to thank you all for your concern, advice and help. I have received countless emails and comments of people letting me know they are praying and thinking about my family as well as some sharing stories of someone they knew who suffered with GBS. You have been such a great support for me through this time. It has meant the world to me.