We were visiting my sister’s future in laws for a party recently. Her cute sister-in-law, Jenny, brought these scrumptious blondies and they were gone in a matter of minutes….they really are AMAZING! She gave me the recipe, which comes from Lick the Bowl Good, and I could hardly wait to make a batch of my own! If you like cinnamon/sugar combos, this is the perfect dessert for you!
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cinnamon chips (you can omit them if you would like)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine dry ingredients completely and set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well blended, Stir in the cinnamon chips if using.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Mixture will be thick and resemble cookie dough. (I used my hands to press it down and smooth the top).
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for topping in a small bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until done.
(recipe from: Lick the Bowl Good)