Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!
I LOVE Muddy Buddies….Puppy Chow….or whatever you like to call them! I also love fun spins on a great snack food! If you haven’t checked out Nutella Puppy Chow be sure and do so! It is AMAZING! Well, today I have another one for you!….I don’t know why, but I have a seriously obsession with all things “cake batter”. Something about the flavor gets me craving it ALL THE TIME! When I saw the recipe for Cake Batter Muddy Buddies (also known as Puppy Chow) over at So Very Blessed, I had to make it IMMEDIATELY! It is seriously so easy to whip up and has the sweet cake batter flavor that we love!
- 5 cups Chex cereal (I prefer the Rice Chex)
- 10 oz vanilla flavored Almond Bark or any white chocolate
- 1½ cups yellow cake mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large bag, put cake mix and powdered sugar and shake to mix evenly.
- Melt chocolate/almond bark in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval. If needed, add a little bit of vegetable shortening to thin and smooth.
- Pour Chocolate/Almond Bark over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completely covered. Stir in some sprinkles if you would like.
- Pour the Almond Bark covered cereal into the large bag with the cake mix/powdered sugar mix. Zip up the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
(recipe adapted from: So Very Blessed)